USDIndex ticked up to 107.00, as EUR slipped over 1% before recovering Following the Russian announcement of further cuts to European gas supplies. FX markets subdued ahead of FED later today. US Stocks declined (NASDAQ -1.87%), Walmart -7.6% (profits warning) Coinbase -21% AMZN -5.23% Shopify -14%. However after hours Google & MSFT up 5% & 4% after Earnings. Unilever, Coke & McDonald’s all of higher prices. Asian markets mixed (Hang Seng -1.2%, Nikkei +0.23%). European FUTS higher. Yields up again +0.56%, but 2/10yr curve remains inverted. Oil holds $95, Gold slipped to lower and BTC holds under $22k.
- USDIndex up, to resist at 107.00 – holds at 106.80.
- Equities – USA500 closed -45.79 pts (-1.15%) (3921), US500FUTS at 3957 now. 4th 8%+ rally of the year, previous 3 have resulted in lower lows..bottom in or dead cat bounce?
- Yields 10-year yield recovered to close at 2.787%trades higher again at 2.8068% now.
- Oil – in–focus rallied to $98 the news from Russia, since declined to $95.
- Gold had another weak session $1727 to $1714 now up to $1718.
- Bitcoin sank again to trade at $21.1K now.
- FX Markets – EURUSD remains pressured came with 7 pips of 1.0100 and trades at 1.0225, USDJPY tests to 137.00 now. Cable holds over the key 1.2000, capped at 1.2080.
Overnight – AUD CPI in-line (21-yr high) at 1.8% & German GfK missed -30.6 vs -27.7.
Today – US Durable Goods, FOMC announcement and chair Powell’s press conference Earnings from Airbus, BASF, Deutsche Bank, Equinor, BATS, GSK, Lloyds, Rio Tinto, Credit Suisse, MetaT-Mobile, Boeing.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) AUDCAD (-0.30%). Rejected 0.8950 again earlier and tested to .0.8900 a key support. MAs aligned lower, MACD histogram negative & falling, RSI 38 & falling, H1 ATR 0.00127, Daily ATR 0.00697.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.