USDIndex ticked lower again but held over 106.00, ahead of the FOMC decision tomorrow. FX markets subdued with a 75 bp hike fully priced in, however uncertain weighs over guidance. Russia will cut gas supplies to Europe from tomorrow. US Stocks rallied into close after a weak day (NASDAQ -0.43%), Walmart fell -9% (after hours) following profit warning, Newmont missed -13%. AMZN raised prices for Amazon Prime. Alibaba cut back global expansion plans. Asian markets mixed (Hang Seng +1.76%, Nikkei -0.23%). European FUTS lower too. Yields bounced to closed up +1.67%. Oil rallied $5/barrel to $98.00 after Russian announcement. Gold remains under $1725 and BTC under $22k. Biden talked down a “recession” and called for more investment from Oil companies.
Week Ahead FED Rate Decision, US GDP and Earnings Season see the technology giants (APPL, AMZN & META) plus many more companies all reporting Q2 data.
- USDIndex up support at 106.20 – to 106.30 – the Dallas & Chicago Fed indexes Both slumped and remained in negative territory, another sign of recession.
- Equities – USA500 closed +5.12 pts (0.13%) (3966), US500FUTS at 3958 now. 4th 8%+ rally of the year, previous 3 have resulted in lower lows…
- Yields 10-year yield recovered to close at 2.8%trades lower again at 2.79% now.
- Oil – in–focus following tight supply and the announcement from Russia rallied over 5% from $93.
- Gold had a volatile session from $1736 to $1714 to settle at $1724 once again.
- Bitcoin sank from $21.8K yesterday down to $21k now.
- FX Markets – EURUSD remains pressured but rotates at 1.0225, USDJPY down to test 136.00 yesterday; now 136.70. Cable breached the key 1.2000 last week, trades at 1.1990 now.
Overnight – JPY CPI & PPI – firmer & in-line at 1.6% & 2.0% respectively.
Today – US Monthly Home Prices, US Consumer ConfidenceUS Richmond Fed, IMF Short-term Forecasts, EU’s Energy Summit. Earnings from MSFT, Google, Coca-Cola McDonalds, UBS (missed), 3M, UPS, GE, Visa
Biggest Mover @ (06:30 GMT) Copper (+2.37%). Continued to rallied from 3.2460 lows last week to 3.4370 Now, next resistance 3.4687 (20-day MA). MAs aligned higher, MACD histogram positive & rising, RSI 73 & OB zone, H1 ATR 0.0172, Daily ATR 0.1246.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.