USD recovers (USDIndex 104.60) after stumble on auction data, Stocks down as weaker than expected confidence data, a plunge in the Richmond Fed index and downdraft of big tech were catalysts for some selling (USA100 tumbled -2.98%, -28% for the year). US blacklists Chinese companies for supporting supporting Russian army. Yields richened led by the long end with the 10-year ending 2 bps lower at 3.18%. Weakness has spilled over from European bonds after hawkish ECB speak from Lagarde and others that has seen core rates jump over 10 bps. Lagarde confirmed the bank’s commitment to rate hikes in July and September. Finland, Sweden nearer NATO Membership. China would cut mainland coronavirus quarantine requirements for all arrivals. Oil at 111.20, Gold down.
- USDIndex up to 104.60on safe-haven flows.
- Equities – USA100 tumbled -2.98% with the USA500 losing -2.01%, and the USA30 down -1.56%. JPN225 fell 0.98%, Hang Seng is currently down -1.8%, the CSI 300 -1.1%.
- Yields 10-year rate down -3.9 bp at 3.12%. Bund futures are also rallying.
- Oil topped to $112.20currently at $111.20. – Market tussled between concerns about the global economy and tight global oil supplies.
- Gold down to $1,817. US bans new imports of Russian gold & Fed policymakers promise further rapid interest rate hikes.
- Bitcoin broke 20K!
- FX Markets – EURUSD remains below the 1.06 mark and is again eyeing the 20-year low of 1.038, USDJPY is at 135.86, Cable trades at 1.2175 down from 1.2290.
Today Focus is on Eurozone Consumer Confidence and US Q1 GDP, but mainly on Fed and ECB Speakers.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) BTCUSD (-1.49%). Below 20K again. MAs aligning lower, MACD lines & RSI are negatively configured. H1 ATR 186.639Daily ATR 1825.737.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.