USD remained steady (USDIndex 102.10) Stocks recover a tad from Friday’s post NFP sell off (NASDAQ -2.47%) and Yields also hold onto gains (2.957%). Asian markets mixed in thin trading today (AUD & NZD closed along with many EZ countries). Central bank outlooks, China’s virus lockdowns and inflation data remain in focus – NFP showed a tight jobs market and Earnings holding up, so FED may need to act again in September, Saudi Arabia have increased oil prices & US will allow 2 companies to import Venezuelan oil into Europe. MUSK predicted a gloomy US economy (following Dimon’s comments) and suggested TESLA needed to shrink its workforce by 10% (only to then withdraw the comment), US to pause, for 24mths, tariffs on Solar Panel imports, Kuroda “Japan will not tighten monetary policy”.
- USDIndex rallied to 102.25, Back to 102.00 now.
- Equities – USA500 -68 (–1.63%) at 4108, US500FUTS at 4131 now. Worries about a more aggressive FED during the Autumn weighed on stocks.
- Yields 10-year yield higher (2.957% at close), trades at 2.950% now.
- Oil & Gold had mixed sessions – USOil rallied to $120.86 following Saudi news before slipping under $120, Gold sank from over $1874 on Friday to $1852 now.
- Bitcoin rallied from under $30K on Friday to trade at $31.2K now.
- FX markets – EURUSD under 1.0725 again, USDJPY tested 131.00 brand holds 130.50, Cable trades over 1.2500, a no confidence vote in PM Johnson will take place later today by his own elected MPs.
Overnight – CNY Caixin Services PMI missed significantly 41.4 vs. 46.1.
Today – a light calendar with Holiday Closures in many parts of Europe and no econ. news scheduled for NA session. All eyes on RBA, ECB & US CPI data later this week.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) GBPAUD (-0.44%). Rallies from sub 1.7300 on Friday to 1.7400 today following Johnson news. MAs aligning higher, MACD histogram positive & breaks 0 line, RSI 65 & rising, H1 ATR 0.0024, Daily ATR 0.0050.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distribution.